We offer powerful medical grade chemical peels with boosters to help improve skin texture, tone, pore size, reverse sun damage, melasma, clearing acne/scars, and stimulation of collagen and elastin. This ultimate treatment will leave your skin radiant and bright. This peel will create dramatic results in as little as seven days.
We offer VI Peel Precision + and VI Peel Purify + Precision plus
What are the active ingredients in the peel?
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) is a non-toxic chemical (Trichloracetic Acid), which has been used to perform skin peels for over 20 years. It is relative to vinegar (Acetic Acid). When TCA is applied to the skin, it causes the top layers of cells to dry up and peel off throughout several days to one week. It provides excellent exfoliation while stimulating collagen production.
- Retinoic Acid (vitamin A) promotes collagen and elastin production, helps to increase water levels within the epidermis, normalizes cell turnover and is a melanogenesis inhibitor. Retinoic Acid triggers exfoliation and unclogs the pores while boosting collagen and elastin production.
- Salicylic Acid is a Beta Hydroxyl Acid (BHA) with anti-inflammatory properties and acts as an agent to exfoliate the skin. It can improve skin thickness, barrier function, and collagen function.
- Phenol can trap free radicals, works as a chemical cauterant to exfoliate the skin, has preservative properties and in low percentages is an active numbing agent.
- L-Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) is a stable, water-soluble form of vitamin C. It is an antioxidant, a photoprotectant (protects from UV damage), stimulates collagen production, brightens the skin and suppresses melanogenesis.
- Hydroquinone lightens and inhibits pigmentation while exfoliating to create an even skin tone.
- Kojic Acid is found naturally in soy, mushrooms and rice bran. This acid aids in fighting discoloration and brightens the complexion. It is an effective melanogenesis inhibitor because of its ability to separate copper bound enzymes to tyrosinase and decrease the number of melanosomes and dendrites that can transfer the melanosomes to keratinocyte cells.
- Hydrocortisone soothes, reduces redness and inflammation.
Your treatment takes only 20 minutes or less. The ViPeel™ is applied topically we will start applying the peel at the center of your forehead and then work our way downward systematically to cover the whole face and neck if desired. Sensitive individuals may experience a slight stinging sensation, which is controlled by use of a fan during application.
The Recovery Process
The skin may look slightly tan to red immediately after the peel. On days one and two, the skin will feel somewhat tighter with no visible signs of having a peel except for looking slightly tan. The skin peeling associated with the ViPeel is a light, fluffy peel that will start on day three and generally is finished by the end of day five. The peeling is easily hidden by moisturizer.
In some cases, the peeling is virtually invisible. With the use of the ViDerm™ moisturizer that will be given to you to take home after your peel, patients go about their usual daily routine. By day six or day seven, you should be done peeling and can enjoy your results. You can enjoy healthier, radiant skin is just about one week!